PDS Geosciences Node Community

M3

kumaresan

First look in the Orbital Data Explorer's User Manual section on the M3 instrument, here: http://ode.rsl.wustl.edu/moon/pagehelp/quickstartguide/index.html?isros_chandrayaans_m3.htm. At the bottom of the page are some resources for finding and working with M3 data, including the M3 ENVI User's Guide. If you can't find the information you need, please contact the PDS Imaging Node, who archives the M3 data, at https://pds-imaging.jpl.nasa.gov/feedback.html

• 1 year later...

Information missing after georeferncing of m3 data on south pole region(M3G20090203T163629_V01_RFL.IMG) using envi GLT.

I georefernced the south pole region m3 data but after georefernce the data information are missing, the image is distorted and tilled. Can anybody help me? what is the correct procedure and why it was happening and what was wrong with me? or is there any data problem of south pole region? how will i correct my data. is there any other software which can help me...please help me. 

m3_distortion_till.png

On 9/13/2019 at 11:25 PM, June Wang said:

Please see attached instructions and let me know if you still have problem with the data processing. Thanks,

June

Instruction to work with M3 level2 data_M3G20090203T163629_V01_RFL.pdf 1.1 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks sir, but in my ENVI-software(5.4)i did't have"Moon Sinusoidal0 "Moon Equirectangular C0", "Moon Equirectangular C180". Can you share me the link where i get the projection system? and can you tell me which projection system is best suitable for south pole region of Moon? I have only "Moon North Polar Stereographic and Moon South polar Stereographic" projection system in my software.

moon proj_snap.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Dear June,

I am trying to make global scale representation of some mineral maps we have processed here in our lab. For that, we need to project the image and represent it in orthographic Near side and orthographic far side. Like the one available in LORC quick map projections. Can you help? Similar projections have been dispayed in many instances of Water discovery, moon mineralogy etc.

Hi Aravind Bharathvaj,
I am not quite sure what kind of help you need. If you are looking for a projection string to be written in the 'map_proj.txt' file in ENVI as talked in the above blog. For the lunar farside orthographic projection centered at 180° longitude and 0° latitude, the projection string is listed below.
14, 1737400.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0., 0., Sample Lunar Orthographic

As listed in the top of the 'map_proj.txt' file
- 14 represent a ID for Orthographic projection,
- 1737400.0 is the radius R for Moon,
- the rest of 4 numbers are projection center lat0 and center lon0, and the center (x0, y0) of the projected map
- the last is the user defined customized projection name

Feel free to contact us if this is not what you want. Thanks,

June

14 hours ago, June Wang said:

Hi Aravind Bharathvaj,
I am not quite sure what kind of help you need. If you are looking for a projection string to be written in the 'map_proj.txt' file in ENVI as talked in the above blog. For the lunar farside orthographic projection centered at 180° longitude and 0° latitude, the projection string is listed below.
14, 1737400.0, 0.0, 180.0, 0., 0., Sample Lunar Orthographic

As listed in the top of the 'map_proj.txt' file
- 14 represent a ID for Orthographic projection,
- 1737400.0 is the radius R for Moon,
- the rest of 4 numbers are projection center lat0 and center lon0, and the center (x0, y0) of the projected map
- the last is the user defined customized projection name

Feel free to contact us if this is not what you want. Thanks,

June

Thank you so much June....

This is exactly what I wanted... So I assume, to near side, i replace 180.0, 0.0 to 0.0, 0.0??? otherwise all the same?