PDS Geosciences Node Community
Chandan Kumar

MRO CRISM data Processing: Georeferencing

Hi, 

I am getting a warning message after the georeferencing of CRISM data. It says that "MRO Custom datum D_Mars_2000_1AU_IAG_Custum_Sphere_lat00 not available. Projection may not match MTRDR.

After georeferencing, when I check its details, it appears that DATAM is missing. 

Kindly help me to tackle this problem? 

Thanks,

Hi Chandan,

It seems the customized datum is not recognized by ENVI. Would you please check if the three map projection files are in the right place? According to CAT installation document:

Set up CRISM Customized Map Projection

Move the CRISM customized map projection definitions files (datum.txt, geogcs.txt, spheroid.txt) from the CAT_ENVI\aux_files\crism_projection\ folder to your ENVI installed path inside the idl8x\resource\pedata\user_defined\ folder (the location of user_defined folder may vary based on your ENVI version, idl8x: idl86 for ENVI 5.3 and 5.4; idl87 for ENVI 5.5).

If there files are not in the right place, please copy them to related folder and then start ENVI+IDL again.

Thanks,

Feng