PDS Geosciences Node Community

CAT map projection error in new platforms and fix

Feng

There are several users reported an error when using CAT to do the map projection. The error shows:

image.png

I have tested CAT in different platforms and confirm that this issue is platform-related issue. For windows 10, windows server 2019 and older versions, there is no such error. But for windows 11, windows server 2022, or other new iOS , the error shows up.

I reported this bug to ENVI support but not sure how long it will take to fix this. I will post an update once there is a solution. Please stay tune and thanks for your patient.

Update:

Attached are the fix files and instruction for this error (please rename the file extension txt back to pro. This is due to the forum limitation of upload file format ). The zipped fix files or updated CAT package will be posted in following link soon:

https://pds-geosciences.wustl.edu/missions/mro/crism.htm

Note: ENVI team does not have a fix to this bug in near term. Moreover, our fix is based on ENVI standard thus it does not apply to ENVI classic interface. Therefore, we strongly recommend user to switch ENVI standard interface.

CAT_mapProjection_Fix.pdf

crism_projection.txt

Edited by Feng
update with fix

• Feng changed the title to CAT map projection error in new platforms and fix