PDS Geosciences Node Community

CRISM analysis In CAT

Al Emran

Dear all,

I have been trying to use CRISM TRDR (trr3) image of ''FRS0002AEAB_01_IF167L_TRR3'' and ''FRS0003012C_01_IF167L_TRR3'' using CAT in ENVI. However, after standard corrections (ATP), I tried to project the image cube using ''Project Single Cube Data'' option.  I got a projected image of bad shape which does NOT match with map context image and kml shape (attached the screenshots). I guess only a part of the image was projected. Also, CAT showed a message after performing the processes (attached also). 

Can anyone please let me know how can I fix the problem?

Thank you,

Emran

CAT1.JPG

CAT2.JPG

CAT.JPG

Hi Emran,

This is Feng. I am going to look into this. Have two questions: are you using ENVI 5.4 standard (not classic version)? Do you copy the three map projections files inside \CAT_ENVI\aux_files\crism_projection folder to your ENVi IDL folder (like C:\Program Files\Harris\ENVI54\IDL86\resource\pedata\user_defined folder)?

Thanks,

Feng

Hi Feng,

I use both ENVI 5.4 standard and classic version (whichever works well) and for this instance, I used classic one.

I copied the three projections files and now it works, does not show any "Header Error'' message. However, the projected image does not match with map context.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,

Emran

Hi Emran,

There is no problem for the map context and CAT projected TRR3 image. The map context is coming from DDR which contains all lines including the key area and lines before it reaches key area. CAT map projection removes the lines before key area. If you run map projection in ENVI (on standard 5.4: Geometric Correction -> Georeference IGM), you can see all lines as following:

image.thumb.png.a31989d3bc140b32cdf3d750c4d1bf36.png

But the lines CAT excludes is not useful and that's why CAT projection cuts these lines.

Also please note: this is typical for the FRS and ATO data.

Hope this answer your questions.

Thanks,

Feng