PDS Geosciences Node Community

Map Projecting CRISM TRDR Images Without CAT

Rob Platt

Hi there, 

I am a PhD student at ICL, and am looking to work with CRISM TRDR images, which will need map projecting. I don't (currently) have access to a IDL licence for ENVI, so I don't think I can install and run the CAT toolkit, and am wondering if it is possible to map project the TRDR images via a different piece of GIS software? I have also tried installing JCAT, which unfortunately does not seem to open when run. 

Any help would be much appreciated,

Best,

Rob Platt

Hi Rob,

CAT does need the IDL. Do you try using the CRISM MTRDR product?

Meanwhile are you familiar to ESRI GIS software? If you have the ArcGIS installed, you may use the map projection tool in ArcTool box to do the map projection.

Thanks,

Feng

Hi Feng,

For the use-case I am looking at, I need images from 2013 onwards, so sadly cannot use the MTRDR product.

I am familiar with ArcGIS, but did not realise there was a method to map project non-projected data. How would I use it to project a TRDR .img file from the DDR file?

Best,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry for confusing you. I was thinking to build a Geographic lookup table from DDR in ENVI, then reference the TRDR to GLT to generate a TRDR_GLT image, and finally re-project it in ArcGIS. I did a quick test but unfortunately, it failed in the last step.

Maybe you can try the ISIS which is open source software to do the projection. ISIS has the pixel2Map function:

https://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/Application/presentation/Tabbed/pixel2map/pixel2map.html

Thanks,

Feng

• 2 weeks later...