PDS Geosciences Node Community

Destripe Error in CAT 7.2 on ENVI 4.8 & 4.7

Jun

Hi there,

I have installed CAT7.2 on both centos 6 (ENVI 4.7) and win XP (ENVI 4.8), when I try "clean spectral cube" for the atmospheric corrected data (HRL0000D2E5_07_IF180L_TRR3_CAT_corr.img), it shows "Destripe Error" ( No good data in HRL0000D2E5_07_IF180L_TRR3_CAT_corr.img Aborting Destripe.)

I tried the one in 09 workshop (FRT000064D9_07_IF166L_TRR3_CAT_corr.img), and it shows the same error.

I chose "Empirically optimized for this observation" for atmospheric correction.

BTW, which vocanic scan method is recommended?

Thanks!

Jun

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jun,

I'm working on this problem. I'll post an updated CAT when I get it fixed.

In the meantime you can work around this issue by omitting the CIRRUS destripe/despike routines for cases where they fail. The TRR3 version of the calibration has some filtering built in so these routines aren't as crucial as they used to be.

Sorry for the delay though, I'll try and get them working as quick as I can in case your data really needs the additional filtering.

And about the volcano scan - the "empirically optimized for this observation" choice should usually be the best. However, if the 2 micron region is critical and you see spiky or bowl-shaped artifacts there you can try some of the other methods and see if other VS work better.

Frank

Jun,

There is a bug in one of the IDL routines used for destriping that's causing the problem with that observation. I'll get a patch into the next CAT release.

In general you should be able to process TRR3 CRISM data without additional destripe/despike, since a noise filter has already been applied in the pipeline processing. Those routines were much more important for the old TRR2 calibration version. There may still be noisier-than-usual TRR3 data where additional filtering is beneficial, but you shouldn't have to routinely use the CIRRUS filters with TRR3 data.

I will patch the bug though. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Frank

Jun,

There is a bug in one of the IDL routines used for destriping that's causing the problem with that observation. I'll get a patch into the next CAT release.

In general you should be able to process TRR3 CRISM data without additional destripe/despike, since a noise filter has already been applied in the pipeline processing. Those routines were much more important for the old TRR2 calibration version. There may still be noisier-than-usual TRR3 data where additional filtering is beneficial, but you shouldn't have to routinely use the CIRRUS filters with TRR3 data.

I will patch the bug though. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

Frank

Thank you for your reply, Frank!

Thank you for the help, Jennifer!

Jun